We are a PVQA outreach group dedicated to the support of Hospice of Santa Cruz County, a non-profit agency providing compassionate end-of-life care and grief support services in our community.
The purpose and annual goal of our group is to provide:
- Quilts for Camp Erin, a grief support camp for children and teens age 6-17
- Lap quilts for end-of-life patients
- A fundraising quilt (raffle or auction) to support HSCC’s community programs
Camp Erin is held each year in early October. Since the demographics are not known until shortly before the camp, cheerful, multi-colored quilts that are of simple design and no particular theme are easiest to distribute. Preferred size is approximately 50”-55” wide x 65”-70” long.
Lap quilts for adult Hospice patients may be any design and color, approximately 40” x 50”.
We have fabric and kits available, and can provide batting, backing and long-arm quilting.
Our group meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, from 10:00 until 3:00.
Meeting dates and locations are subject to change. Please join our email list to be informed of our activities and RSVP if you plan to attend.
- Meetings on the 2nd Thursday are held at Aptos Knoll Mobilehome Park
- Meetings on the 4th Thursday are held at the Congregational Church of Soquel.
We welcome contributions of completed quilts, fabric and supplies, especially fabric for backing. Backing requirements are 3 ½ yards for Camp Erin quilts and 2 ½ yards for lap quilts. Flannel or cotton preferred.
For more information, or to be added to our email list, please contact: