Register for Upcoming Workshops
- Sat, Jan 14Zoom
PVQA Workshop Policy (Revised August, 2018)
Profits from the PVQA annual quilt show combined with membership dues allow the Guild to offer members relatively low-cost workshops. However, space is limited (generally 15-20 participants) and workshop attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. The Guild’s goal is to offer members unique opportunities to learn new techniques and improve their quilting skills with some of the top local and international quilters. Some workshops will emphasize learning new techniques and others will focus on a specific project that the instructor has designed. Workshops may last 1 or 2 days.
• Registration for specific workshops will open at the Guild general business meeting 3 months prior to the class. Following the business meeting, on-line or mail registration is available.
• Payment in full is due at the time of registration
• PVQA Membership must be current at the time of registration. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list.
• Members of PVQA have registration priority. Non-members will be taken from the waiting list if there are no members on the waiting list.
• Workshop supply lists will be provided to registered and wait listed students a minimum of 30 days prior to the workshop.
• Workshop fees will be higher for non-members.
• A materials/pattern/kit surcharge may be added at the instructor’s discretion and will be collected prior to the beginning of the workshop.
• Participants are encouraged to arrive no later than 15 minutes but no more than 30 minutes prior to the start of the workshop
Cancellations and Refunds
• Full refunds will be provided for all workshops cancelled by the Guild.
• Full refunds for other circumstances will be made if the workshop organizer is able to find another individual on the wait list to take the place of the
original participant. The workshop organizer will fill open spots from the waiting list.
• If a registered individual cancels and there are no entries on a waiting list, the registered individual has the option to find a replacement and request reimbursement from the replacement. The workshop organizer must be notified in advance of all changes.
• No-shows will forfeit the workshop fee in its entirety.
• If a member believes that a cancellation was caused by special circumstances that warrant a refund, they may bring the matter to the Board’s attention and request a refund.